The volunteer of the Red Crescent of Kyrgyzstan can be any person who has a sincere desire to help needy people on a gratuitous basis. Currently, the Red Crescent volunteers are schoolchildren, students, residents of rural communities, former recipients of programs (for example, people who have recovered from tuberculosis), and others.
Volunteers are actively involved in conducting public actions, humanitarian operations, round tables, conferences.
The Red Crescent tries to create favorable conditions for the work and further development of volunteers. Becoming a volunteer is a good opportunity to learn something completely new through charity, humanity and willingness.
The volunteers of the Red Crescent of Kyrgyzstan work in different directions and can choose the sphere most interesting for them:
• Working with children in difficult situations
• Working with lonely elderly people
• Conducting information sessions for the general public
• Organization and holding of events and actions
• Dissemination and study of International Humanitarian Law
• Collection and distribution of humanitarian assistance
If you want to join the ranks of Red Crescent volunteers in Kyrgyzstan, contact us as follows:
- Hotline number: 1977
- Telephone number: +996 312 300 190
- E-mail address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
or fill out a volunteer questionnaire by downloading it here: Blank the volunteer questionnaire and send it to the above e-mail addresses. We will contact you and invite you to get acquainted with the activities of the Red Crescent of Kyrgyzstan in the very near future.
On the basis of Red Crescent of the Kyrgyz Republic we also conduct trainings for volunteers, because in any case it is important to grow and achieve new heights.
The trainings cover the following areas:
• Introductory course for a new volunteer: what is the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement?
• International Humanitarian Law.
• Prevention of infectious diseases: HIV, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted infections.
• Harm reduction and prevention of drug use among young people.
• First aid.
• Preparation for earthquakes.
• Helping lonely elderly people at home.
• Basics of home care: nursing courses.
• Leadership-oriented trainings, the ability to make presentations and properly build communication with people